Managing the physical arrangement of your inventory is important.
- Custom hierarchy with your own terminology for aisles/racks/bays/shelves/bins
- Bins can be defined with any height/width/length: they don't have to be the same from rack to rack
- Can be grouped by "room" in addition to grouping by inventory zone to separate physical space from inventory type classification
- Label printing in a variety of formats, both dedicated printer and sheet labels
- Mobile optimized mode for attaching items to bins/shelves
- Bin query mode
Alox also has full 3D mapping of your multiple sites. This allows showing a rotatable, pinch-zoomable, map with the needed bin highlighted. Your experienced employees probably have a good handle on where everything is, but the advantages really show up with new employees:
- finding items to pick or putaway for new employees
- reduced training time for new employees
- fewer calls to your managers with "uh, where do I find X?"
- more effective storage space utilization: you can pack small or rarely used items into tighter spaces, knowing they won't get lost or forgotten